CSS Animation Resources
- CSS Animations vs Transitions by Kirupa
- Looping a CSS Transition by Kirupa
- All you need to know about CSS Transitions by Alex Maccaw
- CSS Transitions and CSS Animations can do the same things, but have quirky differences:
- Getting and setting the current animation state of a CSS Animation requires a setInterval counter hack, but is easier for a CSS Transition.
- Forcing GPU acceleration [using transform: translate3d(0,0,0)) may improve performance, but depends on the browser and machine.